Re: Mol and yaboot

Subject: Re: Mol and yaboot
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 15:33:06 MST

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Philip Good wrote:

> You can make your yaboot boot partition read-write from linux AFTER you have
> started MOL. I do this when I want to use it as a swap area between MacOS and
> Linux.

That's right, because MoL does a start-time check to see if any
filesystems it intends to mount are already so. You run the risk of
damaging the filesystem by having it mounted read-write in both OSes at
once, so I'd be careful if I were you.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|