Re: Mol and yaboot

Subject: Re: Mol and yaboot
From: Olivier MARTI (marti@lsce.saclay.cea.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 00:32:40 MST

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Derrik Pates wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Philip Good wrote:
>
> > You can make your yaboot boot partition read-write from linux AFTER you have
> > started MOL. I do this when I want to use it as a swap area between MacOS and
> > Linux.
>
> That's right, because MoL does a start-time check to see if any
> filesystems it intends to mount are already so. You run the risk of
> damaging the filesystem by having it mounted read-write in both OSes at
> once, so I'd be careful if I were you.

I've corrupt an HFS partition by accessing it with XHFS when MOL
is running. I guess the table of the partition is not correctly updated
when two systems access it at the same time.

Olivier

/ Olivier MARTI mailto:olivier.marti@cea.fr \
| Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement |
| Tel: (33) 1 69 08 77 27, Fax: (33) 1 69 08 77 16 |
\ <http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~omamce> /