Re: 2.4.0-test11

Subject: Re: 2.4.0-test11
From: David Wagner (dhwagner@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 01:36:13 MST

on 12/8/00 1:16 AM, Ramprasad Rao at ramp@oddjob.uchicago.edu wrote:

> I tried downloading and using mol from maconlinux.org.
>
> The file says mol-0.9.53-2.ppc.rpm but 'rpm -q mol' returns
> mol-0.9.53-1.
>
> When I start mol I get the following error. I have chosen to build mol
> into the 2.4.0-test11 kernel.
>
> Mac-on-Linux 0.9.53, (C) 1997-2000 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
> Trying to load the Mac-on-Linux kernel module.
>
> Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
> /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.0-test10
> while this kernel is version 2.4.0-test11
>
> /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o: unresolved symbol get_module_symbol
>
> An error occured while trying to load the Mac-on-Linux kernel module

You need to get the bitkeeper source. The address is listed on the Mol news
page. You might also look through articles in this list containing
"module_symbol" in the subject. The bitkeeper source has some corrections
that have not been reflected in the archive linked on the Mol web page.

AFAIK if you have /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes set to
1 then your keyboard mapping will be all wrong in Mol. This is a real
problem if you have installed the Halloween update--which really wants linux
keycodes. But you can run test11 without the Halloween update.

David Wagner