Re: mol and 2.4.0-test11 and other ..

Subject: Re: mol and 2.4.0-test11 and other ..
From: Philippe Lelédy (phl@leledy.org)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 04:30:24 MST

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Ramprasad Rao wrote:

> I was having great difficulty getting mol to run on a 2.4.0-test11
> kernel since the modules in the mol rpm were compilred for test10.
> But able to find a way out.
>
> 1. Download the mol rpm for 2.4.0 and install it
> 2. Download Samuels bk mol tree and build it but don't install. You
> will of course need the kernel sources/headers for the kernel you are
> running.
> 3. Copy the 'mol.o' and 'sheep_net.o' files to your /usr/lib/mol/modules
> directory.
> 4. startmol should work now.

I agree that it's the good method.
I add a little point: make sure, that

CONFIG_MOL=y

is in your .config.
The good thing is that kernel needs no more being patched !

But I never succeded in building bk mol tree, so I can't use mol with my
2.4.0test11 kernel. You can help me by sending me this precious modules.

Thank you.