various problems with 9.53

Subject: various problems with 9.53
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 10:02:24 MST

I've got a 2.2.18 kernel for ADB-only and input layer built, and
trying to use mol 0.9.53-1 (even though the mol rpm was named
mol-0.9.53-2?).

in /dev, I have mouse->input/mice, and the keyboard works in console
mode in Linux fine.

in molrc, I have:

mouse_device: /dev/mouse
mouse_protocol: adb # usb (ps2), adb, console
mouse_dpi: 90 # higher == slower mouse
use_x_cursor: no # use X cursor as mouse cursor

I am starting mol directly from the console (X server is not
running!). mol starts up in full-screen video fine, and I can move
the mouse after it boots. But I cannot select anything with the
mouse. Worse, Mac OS appears to be cycling between the Finder and the
running program (I have one in the startup folder).

Finally, to make this totally screwed up, I can no longer select
another console with clover-cntl-F#, and if I telnet in and kill both
mol and the tty that I had logged onto locally to begin with, the mol
screen persists. My only solution is to reboot remotely.

What's going on, any suggestions? I haven't been perusing this list
for a while, and I looked in the archive but did not see a direct
answer to this direct question: can mol be used with the input layer
on ADB machines with the us/pc keyboard file?

Stefan Jeglinski