Re: TCP to linux side

Subject: Re: TCP to linux side
From: Jeremy Knope (swttiggr2@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:50:03 MST

i tried the message that had directions for setting up
ethertap and IP masq, but ethertap config is failing
the /sbin/ifconfig tap0 192.168.0.1 netmask
255.255.255.0 up arp get's several unknown interface
and no such device
... what's going on? i just compiled a kernel with
ethertap support...and yes IP masq.
  -Jeremy

--- BenH <bh40@calva.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2000, Philippe Lelédy
> <pleledy001@cybercable.fr> wrote:
>

> >The drawback is that doing so lost ethertalk
> connectivity with my other MacOS
> >box and it's printer.
> >Because this connectivity is only possible if MOL
> grant MacOS access to eth0
> >the true ethernet card, I've to make a choice.
> >With MOL using eth0, LinuxPPC can do IP (on eth0)
> and MacOS can do Ethertalk
> >at the same time, but MacOsS has no IP
> connectivity.
> >

> It may be possible to route appletalk with nettatalk
> atalkd daemon. I've
> read somewhere that it contains a router, but I may
> be wrong.

=====
| Jeremy T. Knope |
| sent from: |