Re: TCP to linux side

Subject: Re: TCP to linux side
From: Jeremy Knope (swttiggr2@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 09:29:02 MST

oops... well i did that and that worked... ip masq
should be all set... BUT when i'm in MOL(with the
correct settings in TCP/IP and after restarting just
in case..) nothing connects... tries to but fails. not
finding any servers. :-P i have my network's
Nameserver in there... the router from
ethertap/ipmasq, the ip from that... not sure what's
going on. any clue?
  -Jeremy

--- Philippe Lelédy <pleledy001@cybercable.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> >i tried the message that had directions for setting
> up
> >ethertap and IP masq, but ethertap config is
> failing
> >the /sbin/ifconfig tap0 192.168.0.1 netmask
> >255.255.255.0 up arp get's several unknown
> interface
> >and no such device
> >... what's going on? i just compiled a kernel with
> >eethertap support...and yes IP masq.
>

> Don't forget to load the ethertap.o module before
> ifconfig tap0.

=====
| Jeremy T. Knope |
| sent from: |