Re: MOL performance quirks

Subject: Re: MOL performance quirks
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 17:33:21 MST

> I've been having the same performance quirks... the zoom animation and a
> few other things are *really* slow, but everything else seems to work
> fine.
>
> Anyway, I downloaded the Ticks program. I get one tick approximately every
> ten seconds. Weird.

Ok, this is apparently a MOL bug. I'd appreciate if someone with
this bug could try uncommenting line 31 in mol/emulation/timer.c
(#define TEST_TIMER). This will make MOL printing a message
each second (if the internal MOL counter is correctly
calibrated).

I don't think it is the internal MOL clock that is the
problem here (it might be the frequencies passed to MacOS
that cause the trouble), but it would be nice to have this
possibility eliminated.

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470