mol-0.9.40 on 603 machine

Subject: mol-0.9.40 on 603 machine
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 07:12:06 MST

Hi,

Has anyone succeed in getting mol-0.9.40 running on a 603 based machine?
I'm running 2.2.15pre6 rsync'd from linuxcare.au.com

Patch that was included with mol-0.9.40 for 2.2.15pre4 applied cleanly to
my kernel source and in menu config I set mac-on-linux support to Y. Just
to be sure I wasn't a spaz, I double checked my .config just now and
CONGIG_MOL=Y

When I startmol I get

Using MOL library directory /usr/lib/mol
Trying to load the Mac-on-Linux kernel module.

/usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

An error occured while trying to load the Mac-on-Linux kernel module

I'm running it as root so that's not the problem. Also in dmesg output I
get

This kernel lacks MOL support!

Hmmm . . have there been significant changes between 2.2.15pre4 and
2.2.15pre6 that would cause this? I'd think the patch would fail to apply
in this case. Am I doing something stupid here? (Sort of compiling
support into the kernel . . which I know for a fact I did).

One last bit . . when I dl'd the mol-0.9.40-1.ppc.rpm and tried to run it,
I got the same messages as above with the additional warning that the
module was compiled for kernel 2.2.14pre9 and I was running 2.2.15pre6.
Just in case this was part of the problem, I grabbed the srpm and rebuilt
it. The warning went away but the inability to load the kernel module did
not.

Any ideas anyone?

Currently, I'm not on the mol-general list. I just subscribed this
morning but I haven't received confirmation yet. Please cc anything to my
personal address below too

Thanks
Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net