Wierd MOL VT issues

Subject: Wierd MOL VT issues
From: Benjamin S Donley (bdonley@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 14:52:14 MST

When I run MOL in X, everything works fine.

When I run it in a virtual console, it seems to overlap with whatever was there
previously. It's really hard to describe. The mouse and keyboard input both
seem to go to the old owner of the console.

If I don't set the VT number manually, it will use the same console as my X
server (I'm using Xpmac), and all mouseclicks and keyboard movement go to the X
server. If it's console 8 or 9, which don't seem to be used by anything else,
then the mouse behaves like the console mouse: a block, one character large,
that moves one complete space at a time, rather than pixel by pixel.

MacOS, however, boots just fine and draws to the screen whenever it feels the
need.

This started happening with MOL 0.9.38, so I upgraded to 0.9.40, and it made no
change.

Any guesses? I assume it's an issue with my setup, and not with MOL.

Thanks,
 - Ben