Re: Two Problems with MOL

Subject: Re: Two Problems with MOL
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 14:32:14 MST

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 04:08:04PM -0600, Matthew Pritzker wrote:
> Configuration is MOL 0.9.39, kernel 2.2.12, Xpmac rev 9 on a rev 1 platinum G3.
>
> First of all, I can't get MOL to mount any volume other than the boot
> volume. In /etc/molrc I have:
>
> blkdev: /dev/hda9 -rw -force
> blkdev: /dev/hda10 -rw -force
>
> Whichever of these lines appears first, that volume gets booted from, while
> the other is ignored (yes, both partitions are bootable).
>
> Second problem when I switch MOL to full screen mode (VT 8) the mouse
> becomes invisible on that VT (is still fine on other VTs). Could that be
> related to Xpmac or more likely just MOL?

The mouse is invisible until there is a change of cursor shape.
Eventually, MOL should make this to happen automatically. Till
then, it is necessary to do something that changes the shape change.
Control-clicking in the desktop to bring up a context menu
is one good method.

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470