mol console question

Subject: mol console question
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 16:25:26 MST

Hi all,

When I boot into linux, my console video settings are set for 1024x768,
60mHz, 16 bit color. When I start up mol, I've got console video set to
use 640 x 480 and 32 bit color at 60 mHz. Mol starts up beautifully and
everything works as expected. When I shutdown the macos, and thereby exit
mol, my console is then hosed. Total unreadable. Can't even describe
what the screen looks like. Just unreadable. The cpu isn't locked up
or anything b/c I can blindly type commands, including shutdown -r to
restart gracefully. The obvious thing that's going on here (I think) is
that mol has switched (at my /etc/molrc's request) the console video modes
to something different than my kernel args, vmode=14,cmode=16

I'd like to run the macos at 640 x 480 b/c my son has some apps that run
best at that res. So, my question (finally) is "Are there commands I can
put in mol.sh (stop) so that I return my video modes back to their
original status once I exit mol?"

I thought vmode would do the trick but when I run vmode from the console
(no X running) I get VC_GETMODE: invalid argument. This is with either
just vmode, which should give me my present settings or vmode 14 16 which
should set it to 16-bit color 1024x768,60mHz.

Thanks for any help
Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net