mol-0.9.40 on 603 success

Subject: mol-0.9.40 on 603 success
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 15:10:48 MST

Hi all,

As Ed Jaeger reported, he'd had success getting mol running on his
powerbase 200. He'd had to turn off module versioning when config-ing the
kernel.

I got mol-0.9.40 running with module versioning this morning. The
mol-patch-2.2.15pre4 patch makes a few changes to ppc_ksyms.c that don't
appear to be quite right.

After applying the pre4 patch, I changed the lines

EXPORT_SYMBOL(Hash);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(Hash_mask);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(last_task_used_math);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(next_mmu_context);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(handle_mm_fault);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(mol_interface);

in ppc_ksyms.c to instead read

EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(Hash);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(Hash_mask);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(last_task_used_math);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(next_mmu_context);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(handle_mm_fault);
EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(mol_interface);

After recompiling the kernel, mol ran wonderfully.

I don't claim to know enough to say that this is a correct fix. Only that
everything now works fine for me.

Samuel, if your reading, would this change have any impact on other
aspects of MOL that I'm not realizing?

Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net