Re: Partitions not mounting

Subject: Re: Partitions not mounting
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 15:56:13 MST

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 03:56:20PM -0600, Matthew Pritzker wrote:
> There has to be some trick that I'm missing; when MOL starts, the only
> MacOS partition that shows up on the desktop is the one from which it
> booted. Even if there are others listed before it in /etc/molrc, only the
> boot volume appears. Since I have all my applications on a volume other
> than the boot volume, this makes MOL not very useful.:-(

It might help if you change the order in the /etc/molrc file
(put the boot volume first). Also, it might be possible to mount
the missing volumes using a disk tool of some sort (then create
an aliases of the volumes). I've also written a small application
that mounts partitions that got unmounted during the booting (but this
application unfortunately needs to be fixed slightly before I can
upload it).

> BTW, I noticed in the nvram.nw there are some odd values: for CPU
> clock-frequency it says 05F5E100 (aka 100MHz, but my CPU is actually
> 250MHz) and later for L2 clock-frequency it says 0A6E49C0 (aka 175MHz where
> actual is 125MHz). Would it hurt anything if I changed those numbers?
> FWIW, the CPU and L2 clock speeds are reported correctly by System Profiler
> under MOL.

You can, but it won't change anything. The correct values are
fetched automatically from the "real" device-tree (well, the
L2 clock-frequency setting is left unmodified - it isn't really
used for anything).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470