Re: mol remembers new resolution settings? not for me

Subject: Re: mol remembers new resolution settings? not for me
From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael@GeekTimes.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:47:24 MST

You said to me:

> >When I start mol, it uses the xwindows driver. I did configure it this
>>way. But I did set xscreen to 800/600, but mol still starts 640/480. Any
> >idea why?
>
>...when switching resolution on the mac, the mac memorizes
>this setting. It still does start with 640x480, but switches to the
>higher resolution (as does the real mac)...

You know, this has *never* been memorized on my Mac. I end my MOL
session by cleanly doing a Shut Down so I know it's not because I'm
unexpectedly doing something... any thoughts?

I've tried to change the default size setting, which sort of works,
MOL (.38) starts at 1024x768, but then it pops back to 640x480. With
MOL (.40) I haven't screwed with this - nor with the VT setting -
until someone can authoratatively tell me what's going on and why it
doesn't work as I expect.

--

Michael

-- Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times <mailto:michael@GeekTimes.com> San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/> AOL Instant Messenger ID: "SF Geek"