Re: ethernet on YDL imacDV

Subject: Re: ethernet on YDL imacDV
From: dsbelile (dsbelile@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:31:17 MDT

dnguye8@lsu.edu wrote:

> hi
> i am unable to get YDL 1.2 to see my ethernet card
> i went into linuxconfig and entered my static ip and all
> but it won't recognize my eth0 ethernet card that came with the imacDv
> please help
> need to connect to the world!!!!
>
> thanks, many of 'em
>
> yummy

did you try dmesg | more to see what linux is seeing at boot? this is a
really good place to start and also go into /etc/modules.conf and make
sure your card is specified there as in like : alias eth0 3c59x
i am a redhat / slackware user and now started screwing with yellow dog
because i have an old mac and linux rocks. so anyway..... i know im
blabbing but im tired, long day building crappy checkpoint firewalls that
dont work under linux without giving kernel panics! so ipchains it is...

good luck,

chris