new GMAC-driver, unique_ethernet_adresse

Subject: new GMAC-driver, unique_ethernet_adresse
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@uni-paderborn.de)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 03:37:14 MDT

Hello!

Thanks to Ben, I can now use netatalk with MacOS-Clients with MacOS <
7.6 without crashes.
Now I can see the netatalk-server in the chooser on a remote system, but
not in the chooser
of mol. I can see the remote system in mol.

I switched on the unique_ethernet_adresse in molrc and can not connect
to the network anymore.
if I switch it off mol works fine.

BTW it is better with the new driver, cause with the old driver mol
crashes with
unique_ethernet_adresse enabled.

Does anybody use mol with this feature enabled on a G4, iBook or Pismo?

I´m running 2.2.17pre7 and mol was compiled for 2.2.15. Maybe I try to
recompile it
for my kernel.

Bye,
    Christoph