Configuration of MOL

Subject: Configuration of MOL
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 11:50:40 MDT

>>I need detailed, walk thru type information to accomplish three basic
specific tasks using linuxPPC 2000 with GNOME. Since the posts tell me that
there are "many" users working this software successfully, the answers must
be there.

>>1. I want to transfer the MAC OS ROM file from the system folder on my mac
installation CD(8.5) to a folder in the GNOME-Helix File Manager

>>2. I wish to transfer the MAC OS ROM file from my mac boot up hard drive
to a folder in the GNOME-helix File Manager

-note: ( mac & linux are on separate partitions on the SAME disc)

>>3. I wish to download kernel updates from internet URLs to the linux partition
specified ( I am successfully connected to the internet usingthe GNOME
netscape browser-thus, network settings assumed OK )

>>I have read all the literature,and tried to do all three tasks, above,using
the panels contained in GNOME x linux configuration , and commands via the
terminal window ,but with no success. Some error messages received are; the
CD would not mount, no data found on CD, or command< > not found. Very
frustrating since I use the identical commands given in the HOWTOs. It
appears that GNOME may be unique in accepting linux commands, or the
authors are using some other system.

thanks for your time

albert