MOL tries to switch resolution

Subject: MOL tries to switch resolution
From: Derek Homeier (supas100@astrophysik.uni-kiel.de)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 07:26:04 MDT

Hi,

I can't start mol (0.9.46) with any other resolution than 640x480. Strange
thing is, it starts up with the resolution I have set in /etc/molrc
(1024x768), but just when MacOS has fully booted and the Finder is starting
up, it switches back to 640x480. In console mode, this renders it illegible,
since the physical resolution remains 1024x768 (it's a PowerBook).
In X, I can see a message flash up below the finder title bar, just before
it changes resolution. It's something about "Resolution not supported..."
but I can't read anything more, it's passing too fast.
The next strange thing is, that once MacOS is up, I can rechange the
resoluton in X with the "Monitors and Sound" control panel just fine.
This doesn't help me anything in console mode, unfortunately.

I have to add a general comment on the maconlinux homepage:
I certainly appreciate the graphic design of the new page, but I'm afraid
GoLive Cyberstudio just produces terribly bad HTML. You don't have to
check it through http://validator.w3.org/ to note a host of flaws.
Some Alt tags for the links on the homepage would be quite helpful for
Lynx, for example, but I could live without these. But most of the
links on the download page are not parsed by Lynx at all, probably mainly
because of the spaces in the 'href= "ftp://...' links.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but usually, if Lynx complains about it, it's
not valid HTML (you might check it with iCab, as well).

Thanks,
                                                        Derek