Re: MOL tries to switch resolution

Subject: Re: MOL tries to switch resolution
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 12:09:57 MDT

on 7/12/00 9:26 AM, Derek Homeier at supas100@astrophysik.uni-kiel.de wrote:

Hi Derek

> it would appear that you have correctly configured MOL to work. I can not do
it so
>>need help

>>Trying to configure MOL via the mac-on -linux user guide. To make it work It
would appear that I have to install a copy of the Mac OS ROM file into
/usr/lib/mol/rom/<name>.

 Tried their HOWTO to mount a CDROM (OS8.5) but I
can not get it to work. Just keep getting "no such command, etc)

>> Can anyone out there tell me how ( step-by-step please) to transfer the Mac
OS ROM from either the mac OS startup hard drive or the CD into linux /
usr-------------

>>I have Mac OS8.6 system folder installed on a partition on the same
partitioned hard drive as linux.

thanks

BTW according to your e-mail address you are in Kiel. I have two
brother-in-laws in the area; one in Pottberg and one in Eckerinfoerde. In
fact I will be there again with my German born wife, the second week of
this september for a family visit

Also, I saw the Gord Foch in the Sail 2000 in New york Harbor last week(
live in New York City area). Also, I saw it at the Kiel Harbor Museum the
last time I visited.. Probably will see it again this September.

albert