Re: mol with 2.2.17pre9

Subject: Re: mol with 2.2.17pre9
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 08:01:17 MDT

Joss Winn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently upgraded my kernel/modules/headers to 2.2.17pre9 for the
> added usb support (finally a working zip drive!) but am (still) unable to
> get mol working. I use an imac revd 333 with linuxppc 2000 and it's saying
> that it'll only work with 2.2.16.

hello Joss

>This newbe squared and no unix programmer, needs some help with installing
2.2.17pre9. You seem to have accomplished it. I need USB support!

I have inststalled lunixPPC 2000 kernel 2.2.15pre3 into my power mac,
PCI
7600 upgraded to G3 400/1 , OS8.6 using a purchased CD.

> I am using GNOME /netscape browser

> I am using some info posted on the linuxPPC net, with a given URL site, but
can not get the downloading to work. The source apparantly is a unix
programmer who thinks he is "talking" to another unix programmer ,
familiar
with fpm installations, command syntax & procedures , etc.

?

>thanks for your time

albert