Re: mol with 2.2.17pre9

Subject: Re: mol with 2.2.17pre9
From: Derek Homeier (supas100@astrophysik.uni-kiel.de)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 11:22:17 MDT

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Joss Winn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently upgraded my kernel/modules/headers to 2.2.17pre9 for the
> added usb support (finally a working zip drive!) but am (still) unable to
> get mol working. I use an imac revd 333 with linuxppc 2000 and it's saying
> that it'll only work with 2.2.16.
>
> Any suggestions on how I might get things running would be very gratefully
> received.

Have you compiled Mol-support into your kernel or do you use a precompiled
one? The run-time patch probably won't work for that version, but if you
apply the 2.2.15x-patch to the kernel-sources, you should be able to build
your own mol-capable kernel. That worked for me with 2.2.17pre10, at least.
There were also warning messages from sheep_net.o and some other module
about version conflicts, but they didn't seem to be fatal.
I cannot run it in console mode on my PB, though, as it always tries to
switch to 640x480 resolution (see my last post) and there appear to be
problems with the mice in the new input layer, but within X it is working.
Some other things are not working well with that kernel, e.g. sleep, but
that might not worry your iMac.

HTH,
                                                        Derek