Sleeping MOL/Gnome hang-up

Subject: Sleeping MOL/Gnome hang-up
From: Arthur Sedlacek (sedlacek@bnl.gov)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 07:56:46 MDT

I've gone through the lists enough to learn that this problem appears to
be due to sound conflicts. I have esound-0.2.17-1_helix_1 installed, yet
I still get this problem. This is despite the fact that during the
day I really don't use apps that involve sound (i.e., emacs, gimp, etc on
the linux side and micro$oft word, powerpoint on the mac side). These
hang-ups nominally frustrating as I tend to do most of my work under
linux, but need to access the mac side through-out the day (for file
transfer or access to a specific app). Yea, I know I could simply re-boot
the Mac-partition everytime I needed it, but this is not elegant.

For me, I do not have desire to use sound on the Mac-side, as
everything I listen to can be accomplished from the linux box.

nominal configuration:
lombard "bronze" pb-
kernel: 2.2.17pre7
mol-0.9.48-1