Re: Audio help needed

Subject: Re: Audio help needed
From: Zachery Bir (zbir@chimpanzee.techead.com)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 09:31:05 MDT

> Hello Steve,
>
> Also, there is a conflict of sorts with Gnome under the LinuxPPC 2000
> release. You need to turn off sound effects in the Gnome control panel
> (although I do have the option to turn on the sound daemon active).

Actually, you only need to upgrade your esound package. This will stop
the annoying Gnome event-fest when you shutdown from MOL. I don't
remember where I found the upgrade, perhaps on linuxppc.com (contrib)

Good luck,

Zac

$name="zachery bir"; $email="zbir@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator"; $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.782.6971"; $web="http://www.techead.com";