Re: mac start up

Subject: Re: mac start up
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 18:35:31 MDT

I had a heck of a time with my setup doing this at first. What is
probably happening is that you are starting MoL off the same MacOS boot
disk as you use for booting your computer natively under MacOS - this
probably won't work with any normal assortment of extensions/control
panels/etc., since the the hardware emulated by MoL will probably not
correspond to the hardware MacOS detected when it was installed.

Try this - start MoL with the shift key held down, to start with
extensions off. If you boot completely this way (of course, probaby
without network support, etc.) then make a separate partition for MoL
to boot from, install a "Universal" system onto it, and mount your
regular Mac volume(s) as non-boot volumes so that you can get to them.
Then, copy over the extensions, etc. that you need (and only the ones
you need) and restart MoL to test. This worked for me...

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

---Ronnie Shakes