MOL & keycodes

Subject: MOL & keycodes
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 07:00:22 MDT

There's something else that need to be handled in MOL: the new "Linux"
keycodes. Samuel, you can use my kernels, they have the new input layer
backported. Basically, by echoing "1" to the appropriate /proc/sys/dev/
mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes or somethign like that, the kbd
will no longer send the "old" ADB translated keycodes, but the "new" PS-
2-like keycodes. This is true for both ADB and USB keyboards. This is
also available as a sysctl.

The problem is that I think recent PPC XFree 4 RPMs will switch to Linux
keycodes. So either MOL should switch back on console switches (but MOL/X
will still have a problem) or MOL is adapted to convert the new keycodes.

Ben.