networking help needed

Subject: networking help needed
From: Mike Engelhart (mengelhart@earthtrip.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 03:23:34 MDT

Hi,

I have MOL 0.9.48 running on a stock LinuxPPC 2000 (2.2.15pre3) kernel. MOL
runs great but the networking between the Linux side and MOL doesn't work
at all. I have a cable modem with 2 DHCP client id's associated with it so
when I boot LinuxPPC, I get one IP address and then when I boot into MOL I
get a second unique IP address on the same subnet as the LinuxPPC box. My
MOL setup works fine and can see/ping every computer on the internet
including using AppleShare to mount volumes over TCP/IP on machines that
are running netatalk. The problem is that when I'm on the LinxuPPC side
and try and ping my MOL setup, it doesn't see it and when I'm on the MOL
side and try and ping the linux side it also doesn't see it. I can not
telnet, FTP, HTTP, or AppleShare over IP between the two machines at all.
This sounds weird because of all the posts that I've seen about how if you
have two different IP addresses networking should be fine...
Oh, also, I can connect via AppleShare to my LinuxPPC box from the outside
world as well so netatalk is functioning just fine.

Anyway, I have a Lombard Powerbook G3 with 192MB RAM, using Mac OS 9 in MOL
set to allocate 128MB RAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike