iMac MacOS 8.5

Subject: iMac MacOS 8.5
From: jos eph (ojom20@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 06:12:02 MDT

Hi,
MOL says that for anything less than Mac OS 8.6 you need to use an old boot
rom. I have an iMac with Mac OS 8.5. So I think no problem. I'll go old
world. However it doesn't work. I get the chime and a blank screen. So
then I do some more reaing on the MOL site and find this:

"Boot ROMs from other computers might work too (please report success or
failure!). ROMs from G3, iMac, iBook and PowerBoook do NOT work. This is
really not an issue since it is possible to use a NewWorld ROM instead
(recommended on ALL machines)."

What am I to do? I don't wanna upgrade to 8.6!
       joseph