Re: Screen blanking as an extension conflict?

Subject: Re: Screen blanking as an extension conflict?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 12:55:35 MDT

Hi there,

I'm basically just trying out MOL for the first time. I tried it out
when I first installed LinuxPPC 2000, but it crashed X the few times
I tried it. So I put it off for sometime when audio would be
supported and I had some time to work on fiddling.

I've installed mol 0.9.46-1 from RPM and stripped the Mac OS ROM
file, etc. I'm running this on an iMac 333Mhz and OS 8.6.

I can get MOL to start up cleanly when I turn of extensions or when I
just use the MOL-in-a-window version. But when I turn on the console
version of MOL and start up with extensions, it goes through startup
normally. Then it hits the Finder and puts the monitor to sleep!

I tried turning off EnergySaver and disabled a few extensions I
thought might be culprits. But before I go through the motions of a
full-out conflict search, I wanted to know if anyone had seen this
before.

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online