Re: Video and Disk - MOL

Subject: Re: Video and Disk - MOL
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 08:50:24 MDT

On Wed, Jun 7, 2000, Meng Yu Jun <yjmeng@263.net> wrote:

>Also, applications can not be ran due to "boot volume is locked".
>Am sure I did not mount the MAC volume(partition) in Linux side.

Might you have another partition on the same disk (hda) mounted in Linux ?

What you should do is edit your /etc/molrc to add one line per partition
to the list of blkdev.

If you have, for example, 2 HFS partitions on hda, and use:

blkdev: /dev/hda -rw

Then, if only one of the 2 HFS partitions is mounted in Linux, then both
will be marked read-only. However, if you do:

blkdev: /dev/hda8 -rw
blkdev: /dev/hda9 -rw

(8 and 9 are example partition numbers)

Then, only the partitions _actually_ mounted in Linux will be marked read only

Ben.