Re: Help: Console + appletalk ..

Subject: Re: Help: Console + appletalk ..
From: Olaf Hering (olh@suse.de)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 10:16:46 MDT

On Fri, Jun 02, Ramprasad Rao wrote:

> I'm running XFree86-FBdev-3.3.6-11.2 on an iMac Rev D with 1024x768 with
> Xcolordepth15
>
> 1. Console mode does not work. I suspect it is due to some incorrect
> /etc/fb.modes but have no idea how to go about it. Anyone have working
> console mode.

use fbset -a 1024x768-75 -depth 8 -accel false, maybe in one of your
startup scripts.

> 2. I can't seem to use appletalk. Nothing appears in the chooser. I'm
> using IPmasq + ethertap.

I guess you need multicast over the tap device. I was able to compile
tap.o with multicast, but no ddp goes over that interface. Seems to be a
no go.
Use the IP address to connect once, then create an alias of that server
volume.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS Main feature not yet implemented...