Re: Appletalk

Subject: Re: Appletalk
From: Zachery Bir (zbir@techead.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 08:11:08 MDT

Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:

> > Was there anything in particular you had to do to get Appletalk
> > functionality in MOL?

Benjamin's message was helpful. Apparently functionality is missing in
the gmac ethernet driver.

> Hallo Zac -
>
> 1. You I hope you chose ethernet in the appletalk control panel?

Yep.

> 2. I gave MOL its own 'real' IP number, not a 168 number; try the one of
> the other Mac on your desk (when it is not running). That is, set TCP/IP
> and appletalk as if you did not run the linux side at all.
> Only after you get that to work, would I try to share the linux disk by
> using the remote host IP number option in the chooser.
> It looks like you already have it setup this way haven't you?

Yep again. Yeah, all our internal machines are on our valid Class C
network, and we've got room to grow, so we don't need to play with the
reserved blocks.

Zac

--
$name="zachery bir";                        $email="zbir@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";