Re: Appletalk

Subject: Re: Appletalk
From: Eduard Hoenkamp (hoenkamp@acm.org)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 07:31:11 MDT

> Was there anything in particular you had to do to get Appletalk
> functionality in MOL?
Hallo Zac -

1. You I hope you chose ethernet in the appletalk control panel?

2. I gave MOL its own 'real' IP number, not a 168 number; try the one of
the other Mac on your desk (when it is not running). That is, set TCP/IP
and appletalk as if you did not run the linux side at all.
Only after you get that to work, would I try to share the linux disk by
using the remote host IP number option in the chooser.
It looks like you already have it setup this way haven't you?
Eduard.