Re: Appletalk

Subject: Re: Appletalk
From: Zachery Bir (zbir@techead.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 06:44:08 MDT

Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:

> dsmol@ddv.com wrote:
> > Any word on when Appletalk will work correctly from MOL? Is this possible?

> Works like a charm on my MOL. I can print to the appletalk network, and
> can mount my linux disks. gr Edward.

I'm having similar problems (actually I've had the same problem back
when I was using LinuxPPC before. I got so frustrated, I went to Mac OS
X Server. Bleah.)

Eduard,

Was there anything in particular you had to do to get Appletalk
functionality in MOL? All I can see is one weird Mac that doesn't seem
to share any of the network characteristics of any other Mac in our
building. I've looked into whether I need to set up an ethertap, whether
I need to be messing with netatalk... Oh well, I have another Mac at my
desk, but that won't last forever. For what it's worth, I'm using stock
MOL ethernet configuration, so I get TCP/IP in MOL (I can't get back to
my linux side, though, is that odd?) so MOL has a separate IP address,
and I'm not successfully running netatalk. I believe it has to do with
the boot order of the machines in the building and Appletalk seed
routing, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyone have stories of going from a situation like mine and dsmol's to
one like Eduard's?

Thanks,

Zac

--
$name="zachery bir";                        $email="zbir@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";