clean shutdown of mol?

Subject: clean shutdown of mol?
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@uni-paderborn.de)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 03:43:58 MDT

Hello !

I´m using mol on my Pismo and it works great.

A few moments ago I was faced to a problem that leads to an unclean
shutdown of MacOS.

I´m running pmud and I forgot to plug in my AC-Adapter.
So after two hours of work, mol suddenly quits without a warning, I was
looking at
the linux-terminal and see shutdown messages passing by and my Pismo
shuts down.

The good point: my linux-filesystem is in a save state.
The bad point: my HFS+-partition was not cleanly unmounted and I had to
repair it. I had
luck, I´ve lost no data, but at that moment I had a huge Excelsheet open
and it was
possible that this file could be damaged by this way.

So here is my question, idea..?

Is it possible to send a shutdown-event to mol when linux is going to
reboot or halt?
Is it possible to send an AppleEvent to the Finder to shutdown?

This would be very nice, so MacOS will shutdown cleanly.

Bye,
    Christoph