"cpu/bus-frequency missing" problem

Subject: "cpu/bus-frequency missing" problem
hiraiwa@kakuda-splab.go.jp
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 17:43:48 MDT

Hi,
I also have a same problem
which David wrote in June 20, "slow as molasses:,
and Timothy wrote in Feb 4, "MOL performance quirks."
I'm running mol on a 8500 with 300MHz G3 card. However, mol runs
slow.... windows open so slowly (Finder works as same as that
on MacOS started up natively).
I guess these reported problems are same, caused by
"cpu/bus-frequency missing" problem.
Does anyone know the reason why and solution to fix it?
In Feb 5, Samuel told in his mail;
"Ok, this is apparently a MOL bug. I'd appreciate if someone with
this bug could try uncommenting line 31 in mol/emulation/timer.c
(#define TEST_TIMER). "
Is there any following report to the uncommenting?
This might be only one possible solution for that problem.
I could not find any information in the mailing archive.

Thank you.
-Tetsuo

*******output on my case*********************************
Uses binaries and modules in /usr/lib/mol
Version 0.9.48
Using resource file '/etc/molrc'
Using MOL library directory '/usr/lib/mol'
MOL kernel module 1.1.48
sym: giveup_altivec [8] C00039D0
96MB RAM mapped at 0x20000000
Running in PowerPC 750 mode (G3)
Property 'cpu/bus-frequency' is missing! < here!
DEC frequency: 0x00b34a70 (11 MHx), 117:10 mticks/usec
PCI-bridge 'pci' (bus 0..1) installed at 0x80000000
PCI-bridge DEC,21154 at 0:13
Heathrow, (1:05) found
Using nvram-image 'nvram/nvram.nw'
osi_driver: Using IRQ 0x17