Running two LANS: one for MOL, one for home network?

Subject: Running two LANS: one for MOL, one for home network?
From: Mark Wolff (WolffM0@hartwick.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 15:54:29 MDT

Hi. I just connected my Mac running linuxppc to a cable modem
(RoadRunner) and have succeeded setting up a LAN so that I can connect
my laptop to a hub and access the network through linux. I have two
ethernet cards, eth0 which connects to the cable modem, eth1 which
connects to the hub. The home LAN works great, but now I want a network
connection for MOL. Before I attempt this, I have some questions:

1) Can I connect MOL to my existing LAN, or do I need to set up another
LAN just for MOL? Is it possible to run two LANs on one machine? How
does one do this?

2) Is my kernel configured for IP forwarding sufficient or do I need to
add ethertap?

Thanks,

mw

--