RE: MOL on APUS (Amiga LinuxPPC)

Subject: RE: MOL on APUS (Amiga LinuxPPC)
From: Rangel Badillo Daniel (drangel@monterrey-newyorklife.com.mx)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 16:17:46 MST

        Dariusz Gac said:

> So... is anybody engaged in Apus' kernel modification ?
        Seems like, someone asked for information about the provlems in the
kernel to do something about it.

> I keep my fingers crossed ! :)
        Yes, but I want to be clear at this: I'm not the person who said
what you read inthis part, I'm not the one doing the modifications.

> Thanks for nice explanation... I hope to see a some news from You soon :)

        This is the original email of the person who said that could do
something to make MOL run on the Amiga:
        (I hope he can find the problem soon so we do not have to wait
anymore for a PowerMac Emu on our beloved platform
                C ya
        - Daniel )

Do you know what kind of "minor modifications" are necessary?
Or do you have (at least) an idea?

I do have assembly knowledge, but mainly 68k and only a bit
PowerPC. But it's never to late to learn something new. :-)

I do have access to an APUS machine. So, if nowbody else
wants to do the job, I would try my best. But I need some
help, I need some information.

Tell me more about the MOL patches: What are they supposed to do?
How are they supposed to work? What could be the problem with the
APUS kernel? What could be done to solve the problem (at least
an idea)?

> If I remember right, the main problem is a "dynamic" kernelbase.

Yes, the kernelbase is "dynamic" (as far as I could see that). But
why is that a problem? And what must be done to fix it?

PS: Sorry for the late reply, but I had problems with my email
address that I'm using for this list.

--