Re: Failure with MOL networking and ethertap

Subject: Re: Failure with MOL networking and ethertap
From: Brian Foddy (bkfoddy@soc.nwa.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:11:48 MST

My question to everyone...

If I use this technique to masquerade MOL's tcp and Appletalk
network, would this get rid of the errors:

WARNING: Ethernet packet dropped
<*> Can't allocate packet datas (1514)
<*> Can't allocate packet datas (1514)
<*> Can't allocate packet datas (1514)
<*> Can't allocate packet datas (1514)
<*> Can't allocate packet datas (1192)

that I continue to get? Currently, I have mol and Linux
using the same ethernet device, and it works most of the time
but given time, these errors will crop up, and usually over
enough time I have to restart MOL as they eventually get
bad enough MOL drops off the network completely.

I need to have both Linux and MOL have access to TCP and
Appletalk. They both have different IP address now statically
set. I'm using Linux 2.2.13 kernel and MacOS 8.6, OT 2.0.3.

If we could just solve this error...

Thanks,
Brian