Re: Unmapped RAM-write-access, 02036288

Subject: Re: Unmapped RAM-write-access, 02036288
From: Jason E. Stewart (jes@ncgr.org )
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:26:16 MST

I got these problems when I used the wrong ROM version. I switched to
the 1.6 ROM and it worked fine.

jas.

Paul> and so on, counting in hex.
Paul> this is on: yellow dog linux 1.1 with my own 2.2.14 kernel. when i run
Paul> startmol, is says it has successfully patched the running kernel.

Paul> so i have 2 questions:

Paul> 1) is there a patch against a 2.2.14 source tree available? patching the
Paul> running kernel seems difficult and dangersous, much rather have it
Paul> compiled in.

Paul> 2) has anyone had experience with this error message? at the same time,
Paul> i get a X window of the size i have specified in /etc/molrc. my
Paul> resolution is 1152x870@75Hz, same as in MacOS.

Paul> tia