mouse settings?

Subject: mouse settings?
From: Matt Haffner (haffner@astro.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 11:17:08 MST

I'm just getting started with MOL and it looks really great! What are
the best settings to use for good mouse response on a dedicated console
MOL? I've got a B&W G3 and had it set to /dev/usbmouse and the usb
protocol, but clicks aren't registered very well. I feel like I have to
click 3-5 times to get one click through sometimes. At times button
downs get through, but not button ups.

Does 'console' do better? I got the feeling that this uses gpm. I don't
have gpm working on my default LPPC2K install (it's running, but no
console mouse... haven't investigated yet), but I'll make it work if it
does a better job...

mh

--
Matt Haffner                      /|------|\    University of Wisconsin