Re: MOL - Slow Video

Subject: Re: MOL - Slow Video
From: Patrick Berge (pberge@stny.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 05:16:27 MST

David Kennelly wrote:

> When I launch MOL on my 266mhz iMac (which rev is this???) the text in the
> title bar says "Mac on Linux (Slow Video)" or something to that tune, is
> this usual or am I doing something wrong?
> Also, how do I run MOL in full screen mode or even resize the window?

Just increase your color depth in MOL. If your MOL color depth is less than
your LinuxPPC color depth then MOL must dither the image down to the MOL
color depth. This wastes valuable CPU cycles. So just make both color
depths the same and you should see a performance improvement and the slow
video message will go away.

Pat