RE: ROM-image

Subject: RE: ROM-image
From: Ian Dale (idale@Crossroads.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 07:25:18 MST

> I have two question:
> 1) When MOL boots it starts the Mac System which is on the
> startup disk (I
> assume). Can that system be on a HFS+ disk or must it be HFS?

It can be either, though you may have problems with disks >4GB. (I still
can't boot off my 4.5GB HFS+ partition, though I should be able to,
allegedly ;)

> 2) How do you get the ROM-image file in the directory usr/lib/mol/rom?
> Copying from CD doesn't work for me, it seems that I can't
> mount CDs under
> Linux.

To get the ROM that MOL needs, you need a MacOS ROM, and use the strip
utility (strip-nw, I think?). Check the files installed by the MOL RPM, and
you'll see what it is. You run that utility on the MacOS ROM, and give it
/usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw as the output parameter. MOL should work now :)

And you SHOULD be able to mount CDs... 'mount /mnt/cdrom -t hfs' doesn't
work?

-Ian