Re: mol via X remote

Subject: Re: mol via X remote
From: Claus Atzenbeck (claus.atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 08:19:37 MST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Patrick Berge wrote:

First of all thanks a lot for your message.

> > 2. I'm not able to log into the LinuxPPC box loclaly in order to start
> > MoL. I need to start it via remote login.
>
> So why? or don't you know how to set it up? I can login remotely (telnet) to
> my LinuxPPC box and start Linux vncserver then Mol and/or any app?

I'm using ssh inorder to login to my LinuxPPC box. I know how to start
vncserver via remote. But how can I start mol via remote? This
is what happens:

> > For this reasons I have tried to start vnc server on my LinuxPPC
> > box. It worked well. But I was not able to start MoL. This is what
> > happens:
> >
> > *****
> > xvideo: No XVisual Error
> > Video module 'xvideo' not installed.
> > Video module 'console_video' not installed.
> > No video modes at all was found - exiting
> > cleaning up...
> > Terminating threads...
> > DONE
> > *****
>
> Sorry ....you need a display... either remote or X?

vnc shows the display of my LinuxPPC box. But I'm not able to start
mol. The above named error shows up... There are no problems starting
up mol when I'm logged into my LinuxPPC machine directly.

Any suggestions?

Gruss,
Claus.

--
Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
http://www.atzenbeck.de

I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability. -- Oscar Wilde