Re: slow video

Subject: Re: slow video
From: Claus Atzenbeck (claus.atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 01:21:56 MST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Patrick Berge wrote:

> Claus Atzenbeck wrote:
>
> > Mac-on-Linux (slow video)
>
> Yep it means your mol session is using less colors than X. As a result
> colors need to be dithered in mol resulting in this slow mode. Just make
> the color depth in /etc/molrc the same as you LinuxPPC X server. The slow
> message will go away and you should see a performance improvement.

Thanks for your answer. I've changed it to 32 and "slow video" does no
longer appear on the window title.

But I still have this speed, color, and keyboard problem by starting
MoL on a remote Intel Linux box vis ssh:

* MoL is far to slow to work on it (much, much slower than
  when it is started local on LinuxPPC)
* Everything is yellow (like you watch MoL through a yellow glass)
* The keyboard (Intel Linux box) is not mapped right

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!!

Claus.

--
Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
http://www.atzenbeck.de

The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters. -- Jean-Paul Kauffmann