Re: slow video

Subject: Re: slow video
From: Ben Donley (bdonley@unchosen.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:10:49 MST

Mol does not compress the video that it sends to the Xserver. There are
other solutions to this problem. Unless you're using gigabit ethernet,
there's no way you're going to send that much information across the network
without serious problems.

If you want to send video across a network, you need some sort of compression
scheme. Try VNC.

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

You can either run it inside MacOS, or you can use it instead of an X
server. I'm not sure if it will fix your colormap issues, though.

Luck,
 - Ben