Re: slow video

Subject: Re: slow video
From: Brian Anderson (brian@cowan.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 17:39:33 MST

Have you looked at vnc?? <http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/>

I haven't tried it lately (ie. with mol) however I found it handy
previously

brian

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Claus Atzenbeck wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Patrick Berge wrote:
>
> > Claus Atzenbeck wrote:
> >
> > > Mac-on-Linux (slow video)
> >
> > Yep it means your mol session is using less colors than X. As a result
> > colors need to be dithered in mol resulting in this slow mode. Just make
> > the color depth in /etc/molrc the same as you LinuxPPC X server. The slow
> > message will go away and you should see a performance improvement.
>
> Thanks for your answer. I've changed it to 32 and "slow video" does no
> longer appear on the window title.
>
> But I still have this speed, color, and keyboard problem by starting
> MoL on a remote Intel Linux box vis ssh:
>
> * MoL is far to slow to work on it (much, much slower than
> when it is started local on LinuxPPC)
> * Everything is yellow (like you watch MoL through a yellow glass)
> * The keyboard (Intel Linux box) is not mapped right
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!!
>
> Claus.

Brian Anderson mailto:b.anderson@cowan.edu.au
Edith Cowan University Phone: +61 8 9273 8103
Pearson Street, Churchlands Mobile: +61 040 7474 093
Western AUSTRALIA Fax: +61 8 9273 8000

     All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me happy.