MOL on Umax c600

Subject: MOL on Umax c600
From: Jackson Damien (noveau@pmail.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 20:49:03 MST

I have a Umax c600 with 112 megs of ram and a Sonnet L2 G3 upgrade
card. I have been trying to install the version of Mac-On-Linux that
came with LinuxPPC 2000.

I believe I have successfully grabbed the rom image, but it complains
about needing a patch file for my computer (a 603 240 MHz). I have
read the instructions but haven't had much luck. It also says to
recompile the kernel, and I'm not sure about that.

Is there a newer version of MOL out there that might solve my
problem? If so, how would I upgrade to the new version? I am
relatively new to Linux and commands like rpm and tar, but am very
eager to learn.

Thanks.