Errors building MOL 41 (trying to fix back-n-forth console toggle crash)

Subject: Errors building MOL 41 (trying to fix back-n-forth console toggle crash)
From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael@GeekTimes.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 01:48:13 MST

I'm unable to CONSISTENTLY toggle back and forth between LinuxPPC and
MOL while in console mode. Sometimes it works just fine, other times
it causes a color flash and then a hard crash.

Suspecting that it's because the precomplied version of MOL was built
for a different version of the kernel I decided to build it from
scratch. After getting ncurses-devel (for curses.h) and continuing
the build I noticed a lot of disconcerting warnings and the following
fatal error:

>console_video.c: In function `set_powermode':
>console_video.c:446: `FBIOBLANK' undeclared (first use in this function)
>console_video.c:446: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>console_video.c:446: for each function it appears in.)

Samuel, I haven't taken the time to dig into the sources, but I might
make a meta-request of you (rather than a feature request) it would
be to please clean up the warnings (and obviously the fatal compile
errors). I'm using gcc 2.95.2.

Thanks for creating the single best bit of software I've head the
pleasure to use in 21 years.

Michael

--
Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael@GeekTimes.com>