Re: Networking strangeness Solution?

Subject: Re: Networking strangeness Solution?
From: Brian Foddy (bkfoddy@soc.nwa.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 10:33:42 MDT

Charles,
It sounds like you are making much better progress on this issue
than we've seen for a while. I've been seeing this problem
since December at least.

I do have a couple questions on your solution.

1. You mention it messes up NFS. Is that NFS on the
    Linux side, or the MOL side? Care to elaborate on
    what the side effect to NFS is on your solution?
2. We also see a similar problem on the Appletalk side of the fence.
    I believe the error message on this one is something like
    "Warning Ethernet packet dropped" (from memory, not an exact
cut-n-paste).
    From what you've seen, anything related to this?

Thanks,
Brian